Primrose is utilizing recommendations from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local and state health departments to implement precautionary measures against COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We have detailed plans in place in each of our communities for COVID-19. Our staff are trained in infection control practices and following those protocols every day.
The health and wellness of our residents continues to be our top priority. We remain proactive in our efforts to prevent the virus from entering our communities. If a confirmed case occurs, the plan is to continue to fully comply with guidance from the CDC and local and state health departments.
Below is a list of protocols we have implemented in all our Primrose communities:
- There will be one point of entry (main entrance) into our communities.
- Access is restricted to employees, essential third-party medical providers, and family members (wearing masks and limited to the resident’s apartment) during certain pre-approved situations such as end of life care.
- All persons authorized to enter our community will immediately clean their hands using alcohol-based sanitizer and be screened using a questionnaire and temperature check.
- All employees will wear masks in our buildings at all times.
- We encourage family members to communicate with loved ones via phone calls, emails, video chat, or other remote options.
- There will be daily screenings of all Primrose residents, including temperature checks and oximeter readings.
- Transportation will be provided only to medically necessary appointments (as determined by leadership team in coordination with medical professionals).
- We will be providing meal delivery for all residents capable of dining in their apartments. There is no fee for this delivery. Additional dining modifications will be made for those who require it.
- All large group activities have been cancelled. Alternative options are being developed and offered.
- Vendor deliveries will be made to outside zones for staff to deliver.
- Infection control practices, including frequent cleaning and sanitization, are being followed.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit www.cdc.gov.
Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together to keep our residents safe. If you should have any questions, please contact your local Primrose community to speak with the Executive Director.